Friday, October 31, 2008

Tumbaweeds - Christi's Round Robin


When I received Chrisit's Round robin, I just loved it. It was in my colours and ones I like working with. I then sat and read what she expected to see on her quilt and who the quilt was for and their likes and dislikes. She said the quilt was for her mother and yellow roses were her favourite flowers. After looking at the quilt I felt the yellow in the centre represented a yellow rose so that was the main focus of my round. I wanted to do pieced roses but I spent 7 hours and ended up with 1 rose so I gave that a miss and went back to my applique. I used fairy frost given to me in a Secret Santa last year and currently my favourite fabric and after rummaging through my stash I can up with the small amount of Japanese Kimino fabric. How excited I was as Christi's mum is Japanese. I still have a brown paw to put in the corner but after that it is finished.

No comments: